We loved dreaming up our Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe, with its crunchy, buttery base and creamy layer of Red Velvet cheesecake on top.
Indeed, there are lots of baked cheesecake recipes in our cookbooks and we’d recommend anyone giving these classic American desserts a go for a real crowd-pleaser.
Making baked cheesecakes can be a little tricky sometimes, but we’ve put together a few fail-safe tips to save your cheesecake from splitting across the top when baking:
- Cheesecakes are prone to cracking across the top and this can look a little unsightly, but there are a few things to consider if you’d like to prevent this. First, use a bain marie (water bath) which will cook the cheesecake slowly and gently and stop it from drying out.
- To prep your cheesecake tin for a bain marie, wrap it in foil if you’re concerned about leaking and then place the cheesecake tin in a shallow tin and fill up with water until about 5mm (1/4in) from the top of your cheesecake tin. A roasting tin is perfect for this task.
- Another thing to do is grease the tin well before filling it with your cheesecake ingredients. This lets the cheesecake shrink more comfortably as it cooks and makes cracks less likely.
- Cheesecakes don’t like change! Keep the oven door closed to maintain an even temperature as the cooler air coming through could lead your cheesecake to crack.
- Once it’s out of the oven, gently run a small knife around the edge to ensure that it doesn’t stick to the edges of the tin as it cools and shrinks.
…And now try our baked Red Velvet Cheesecake!
A baked Red Velvet cheesecake topping with a moreish digestive biscuit base covered in smooth cream cheese frosting and decorated with Red Velvet cake crumbs.
We also have chilled cheesecakes in two decadent chocolate flavours…
Creamy chocolate cheesecake swirled with Snickers bar chunks on an Oreo biscuit base topped with salted caramel and covered in melted milk and dark chocolate drizzles.
A malty milk chocolate cheesecake layer and a malty dark chocolate cheesecake layer on an Oreo biscuit base topped with malty fresh whipped cream topping and decorated with Maltesers.
Order all our cheesecakes here for a special dessert.
Available for delivery (a flat rate of £6.50 to all our delivery postcodes) or free collection at our six London bakeries. Please allow 48 hours for our bakers to make these handmade desserts, good taste takes time!