Our Career Spotlight is the chance for you to meet some of the people who make The Hummingbird Bakery happen and find out more about what it’s like working for London’s favourite bakery.
Name: Giulia Bragone
Job title: Branch Manager
1) How long have you worked for us?
Just over 4 years, I started in November 2014.
2) Where are you based?
At the Soho branch.
3) What was your starting role?
I started as a Kitchen Team Member in Soho. I discovered Hummingbird during my visits to London as a tourist. When I moved here I decided I needed to learn how to make those amazing cakes!
4) What is your role now?
I am now a Branch Manager. I decided to move from the kitchen because I love to develop my skills continuously, I feel motivated by challenges and this gave me the perfect opportunity to learn how to run the business as a whole.
5) What are the top three most important things you’ve learned whilst working here?
- Being part of a team is one of the most important aspects of this job, we are a family and not just a team.
- I have learned how to communicate and stimulate people in order to get the best out of everyone. Hummingbird invests a lot in peoples’ development and this has been invaluable for me.
- Lastly, I have learned how to make all our delicious treats!
6) What has been the biggest challenge?
I got promoted to Kitchen Manager in 2015 and learned how to be the leader whilst cooperating with my Branch Manager to run a functional business. This has been the biggest challenge for me.
7) What has been the biggest reward?
When my co-workers get promoted and they thank me for helping in their growth, it brings me such satisfaction!
8) How has The Hummingbird Bakery helped you in your career path?
Thanks to the support I have received from Hummingbird I managed to grow as a person and I had the possibility to develop my managerial skills.
9) What do you see for your future?
I see myself at The Hummingbird Bakery in a new role, always growing!
10) What’s your most memorable moment?
Staff parties are the best! I can't remember one where I didn't have fun…
If you want to apply to join the team in any role at The Hummingbird Bakery we accept applications all year round. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you’re a baker please include some examples of your work. We receive a large number of applications so we are only able to respond to applications we wish to take onto the next stage.