A match made in dessert heaven, just in time for Valentine’s Day
This January, the Baileys team launched the limited edition Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake flavour to their portfolio for a supremely delicious start to the year - smooth Baileys is given extra indulgence with the sumptuous chocolatey taste of red velvet cupcakes for one of their most treat-worthy flavours yet.
To celebrate the launch, Baileys has partnered with THE bakery responsible for introducing the classic red velvet flavour to the UK, The Hummingbird Bakery, for a one-of-a-kind, lavish creation: the Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake Deluxe.
Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake is swirled decadently into red velvet sponge, a creamy cheesecake centre and smooth cream cheese frosting for a Baileys twist on the classic - a match made in dessert heaven for the ultimate treating moment.
Perfect for Valentine’s, Galentine’s, or for treating yourself (you deserve it), this sumptuous cupcake will be available for a limited time only from 21st January - 29th February, so get it while you can!
If you can’t make it along to The Hummingbird Bakery or simply fancy whipping up this indulgent treat at home, follow the recipe below:
Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake Deluxe Recipe
Ingredients - Makes 26 Cupcakes (0.5 units per cupcake)
320ml Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake
115g unsalted butter, room temperature
200g caster sugar
2 large free-range eggs
1 tbsp distilled vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp of red gel food colouring, mixed with 3 tbsp water
350g plain flour
1 tsp salt
20g cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
120ml Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake
225g full-fat cream cheese
1 large free-range egg
100g caster sugar
120ml Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake
900g full-fat cream cheese
400g icing sugar
75g unsalted butter, room temperature
12-hole cupcake trays lined with paper cases (muffin-sized)
Electric stand mixer with paddle attachment or electric hand mixer
Ice cream scoop or food portioner
Food processor (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 185°C/165°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy, then turn off and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Crack the free-range eggs and vinegar into a jug. With the mixer on a low speed, slowly add the egg mixture to the bowl, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Mix the gel food colouring with cold water in a small bowl and stir until dissolved.
- Add the gel food colouring mixture, continue to mix it through and then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix again to incorporate.
- Add the dry ingredients - plain flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt - to the wet mixture.
- Add the Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake and buttermilk and then mix through.
- For best results rest the mix in the fridge for 20 minutes before baking.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Beat the cream cheese with the caster sugar using an electric mixer.
- Slowly add the eggs and Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake, then mix through until smooth.
Scooping and baking:
- Fill the cupcake cases with the cupcake mix using a food portioner or an ice cream scoop until they are three-quarters full.
- Add half a tablespoon of Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake cheesecake filling on top of the cupcake mix.
- Bake for approximately 22-26 minutes or until the sponge bounces back. A skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean. Leave to cool for about 15 minutes in the trays before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While your cupcakes are baking, it’s time to make your frosting. Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar, Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake and butter. Beat well until combined and fluffy, around 1-2 minutes, but do not overbeat.
- Once your cupcakes have cooled, spoon the frosting onto each cupcake, gently smoothing over with a palette knife and making a swirl if you wish.
- Keep aside an extra cupcake sponge and reduce to crumbs in a food processor if you wish to add a sprinkle of cake crumbs on top of each cupcake to decorate.
Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake Deluxe is available from all branches of The Hummingbird Bakery across London now and online throughout January until Saturday 29th February RRP £3.25 take away, £3.90 eat in. Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake itself is available from major supermarkets now until stocks last - ABV 17% RRP: £16. Order Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake on Ocado here.