Kitchen Team Member
Apply at email@example.com
Contact details; email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref HBK1
Please attach a CV, cover letter and any pictures of your products.
Where would a bakery be without its bakers? Kitchen Team Members are the baking maestros behind the sweet goodies that fill our counters and cake stands.
Baking and decorating treats in our kitchens, they keep our customers in delicious American cakes, cupcakes and desserts made to the highest quality standards.
If you love cake as much as we do and can keep up with the demands of our busy bakeries, we might just have an apron with your name on it!
What we offer;
- The chance to be apart of a growing company with excellent progression opportunities with a brand at the forefront of the baking industry
- See our benefits page for all the amazing incentives we offer
- The chance to receive training with our Product Development team and experienced Branch Managers, along with Manual Handling and Food Safety training
- Flexible hours – working 5 days out of 7 including weekends, early mornings and evenings
- Variety of contracts available.
- Full time hours 32-40.
- 28 days annual holiday (including Bank Holidays)
What we are looking for;
Aside from terrific people skills and a passion for fresh baking, you’ll have:
- A talent for baking and decorating cakes
- Exceptional communication skills with excellent spoken and written English
- Bundles of enthusiasm and a desire to give every task your all
- Experience working with different recipes
- Creativity and a personality that is reflected in your work
- An ability to make customers smile with delicious desserts
If we’re being really choosy, you’ll also have:
- Experience in a similar bakery business or transferable skills from a similar industry role
- Worked in a team in a similar business
- Completed basic Health and Safety and Food Hygiene (Level2 is ideal)
- To prepare and present The Hummingbird Bakery product range to the highest standards, product briefs and schedules
- To maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and hygiene in accordance with kitchen Food Hygiene rules
- To work as part of a busy Kitchen Team
- To undertake duties and tasks as directed by the Management
- To maintain the highest levels of cleanliness in the kitchen and assist with any housekeeping required of the kitchen areas
We can’t wait to work with you!